Monday, December 12, 2011

Be thou my Vision...

There is reference in today's Scripture for Mass which stirs hope... " I will leave as a remnant in your midst a people humble and lowly, who shall take refuge in the name of the Lord..."  What is the purpose of this remnant and is there evidence of a remnant in our lives today?  I think it is pretty clear what God is doing. God is recreating us, gathering the faithful remnant and transforming us, purifying us and inviting us into a place of refuge.  There is hope for the remnant, for the community, a promise of hope and peace that will come "on that day."  

I am encouraged today " to take refuge in the name of  God while waiting "for that day."  
Give me new sight and perfect vision.  Relying on your goodness, O God, I humbly ask through the intercession of your servant, Saint Lucy, to give perfect vision to our eyes, that we might serve for your greater honor and glory. 


No comments:

Post a Comment